The Development of AstroEdit Planet 2.0

190826

The result is still blur with top 10%. What's wrong? I plan to use GPU to do the AP feature matching next. I wish I could see why it stacks blue at the ring. Which frame causes it? I used 20 frames. Maybe I should print out the frame number. I wish I could see the original frame with AP. Then the problematic frame with its AP. I could then see the cause for the blurriness. 

Maybe a 4 views, First show top frame with AP. Second show next frame with search AP. Third show top frame with red AP. On top overlay the next frame (transformed) with AP. Fourth show the accumulated stacked frames. Then there is the next and back button. so I can scroll until the stack get blurred.

180816

I work on the matrix solver. Using a small project with google AI, I manage to get the transform matrix right. Previously I am struggling with it with the project for hours and still not working. 

170816

I manage to get to use Ransac to choose a good transform that satisfy at least 5 points. I have used 9 AP. 

160816

Start a swiftUI project asking google AI for Saturn stacking. It uses translation for stacking. I ask to add in 3 points affine transformation. The result is still blur with top 20%. What's wrong? 

150826

I start to work on a video cropper app to crop a Saturn video to around its size. Alternatively, I could use the original video and do real time cropping and stacking. If so, I don't have to track the global translation of the Saturn. It is always centred. 

In August, I notice that Earth is coming to Saturn and Jupiter in October using my AstroWidget app. I See more people will video these giant planets and I decide to work on AstroEdit Planet 2.0. I am recording my development so that someone can continue my work in the future. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AstroEdit For Android Manual

PushToCam Manual

VideoStack For Planet Manual